Wednesday 17 July 2013

In holiday mode still at our house, miss 8 is finally home so been spending time with her and doing a little cooking.

Since shes been home she helped peel and chop about 3 kg of apples, some of which i sliced for the dehydrator, the rest was cooked down for a yummy apple crumble pie, the left overs where then cooked longer and pureed to make apple fruit roll, miss 8s favourite :)

I also got her busy making rolling pasta for dinner monday night, we had pasta again last night but hubby took over the rolling :) he's not much of a cook but I think he just hasnt had the right teacher as the few things he does cook are delicious :)

I got sick of plain ole toast for breakfast so make a loaf of raisin bread using my hot cross bun recipe, wasnt as soft as I'd like but worked out nicely for toast, now I'm off to make some pasties with homemade short crust pastry, hopefully they turn out.





2 comments:

  1. Yum,yum, yum Tammie! The raisin loaf looks soooo good as does the apple pie :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were yummy, kids ate most of the raisin bread, think I managed a few slices lol, the apple pie was the best I've made all homemade from pastry to apple filling, I'm usually too slack to make pastry I dont know why its not that its hard just always bought it, not anymore though :)

    ReplyDelete