Wednesday 31 July 2013

OMG its taken me so long to get on here, seems like so much has been going on but getting nowhere at all.

Miss 2 is now Miss 3 as of the 20th, she started toilet training and there's been no looking back since, had a few accidents the first few days but nothing since which is grand. Now shes only in nappies and night. :)

Miss 8 has had some extra gymnastics training getting ready for the competition in Port Lincoln next month.

For me its just been cooking as usual.

Sausuage rolls that even the kids liked

Traditional Cornish Pasties

Meat Pies, 2 with cheese on top and party pies

Lemonade Scones

Yiros Bread


Yiros Bread
1 cup warm water
2 tsp yeast
2 1/2 to 3 cups of flour
2 tsp salt
1 Tbs olive oil

Mix all ingredients into a dough and place in a warm spot for 1hr.
Cut into 6 - 8 pieces depending on how large you want your bread. 
Roll into flat rounds and cook in a dry fry pan on a med to high heat. 
Cook for approx 30 seconds on each side or until nice and golden and bubbles form.

This is one of my favourite recipes for a wrap, its nice and chewy and is perfect for a yiros or kebab.

4 comments:

  1. Boy you have been busy! There is nothing simple about the simple life, have you noticed that? lol!

    Glad to hear miss 3 is doing well with the toilet training. Girls are fairly easy :)

    Good luck to miss 8 at her gymnastic competition, hope she does well as I am sure she will.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days the simple life frustrates me to the point I would rather buy the stuff already made but then I look at the price and all the junk in it and give in to making it myself, frustrates me even more when I make the effort and noone likes it.

      Shes doing great with it all, didnt think she was ready to start with but she proved me wrong, miss 8 trained herself by 2, hopefully master almost 2 wont be to long till hes out of nappies.

      Cant wait to see her do competition, will be her first time so as long as she remembers to concentrate she'll be fine. :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. hi tammie,
    you have been busy!! you are really a great cooker.
    I agree with you simple life is not alwasy easy...
    simple lifecosts many time and on some days I feel the same as you do. But the work is it worth.(save money and healthier food)
    wish you a wonderful weekend,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Regina it is so worth it, makes me feel better knowing that my kids are eating real foods without all the added extras that really cant be good for us.

      :)

      Delete