Wednesday 15 October 2014

Making Bread

Thought I'd get the kids involved more in their lunches so we decided to make bread rolls, they had a ball and ate all their lunch without any complains. The rolls were lovely and soft I even made myself a small one for lunch.




 


After wasting all the left over mashed potato that noone would eat I decided to make some amish potato rolls, they were nice and soft, hubby wasnt a fan though as they were sweet but they went well with dinner and the rest are in the freezer for school lunches, while I was making these I decided to make a loaf of bread as we were out and I try to use what I have instead of going to the shop. Sadly I think I over did the rolls a little but they were still nice. I have since been saving the mashed potato and might dig out my mothers recipe book as I'm pretty sure she has a yummy recipe for a cake using mashed potato with a crumble topping, cant really go wrong with a crumble. :)




2 comments:

  1. Oh yummy Tammie, your food always looks so good! I really must get and make bread, so much better for you than the bought stuff, and nicer. We don't eat a lot of bread in our house, so I wouldn't have to make it too often :)

    I stay away from the shops these days too. I challenge myself to see if I can get through the week without going down the street. If I go check the mail and need something, I will grab it then, but otherwise I just make do with what is here. Hope you are enjoying your time back in Ceduna, must get over there soon and catch up with everyone :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family go through so much bread, we buy about 6 loaves a fortnight because hubby is a bit fussy with his bread but the kids will happily eat my homemade bread, rolls and love my wraps, I dont usually eat much bread anymore only wraps a few times a week and the crust of a fresh hot loaf because I have to make sure its up to standards of course lol.

    I usually only go to the shops to grab specials on Thursday or to grab fruit and veg cause we go through alot, which is why I was planning on setting up a garden but think I may need to leave it for this year and get organised over the next couple month and try for some winter veg instead, since its already in the high 30s.

    Its nice to be home with family close by, has made it a little easier to achieve some things and hubby and I get some time to ourselves once in a while but will still tend to stay at home and keep to ourselves. xx

    ReplyDelete