Friday 31 October 2014

Slowly getting back into the frugal swing of things

Got to spend some quality time one on one with my little man so decided to make a cake






The newest member of our family Little Miss Bella, had nothing organised for her so used one of the kids old rugs and a cot pillow and made her a bed and a chew toy


Attempted some fruit filled cereal bars, they are yummy but went a bit soft after a day so think I need to modify the recipe a little or even try a new one.


Found an awesome recipe for honey biscuits that tastes very much like tiny teddies and have been busy making them for the kids, they love them and I get a chance to use all my awesome cookies cutters.



Homemade tomato sauce you just cant beat it, yum!


More bread


While apples were cheap I grabbed a few kilos and dried most of them not that they last long around the ferals, they love them.


Tried making cheese and bacon crackers but the kids weren't very keen on them so I think I'll just stick to the cheese crackers from now on




3 comments:

  1. Some great frugal ideas there Tammie! It all looks yummy...You can't beat good old home cooking :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home cooking is the best, I miss all the yummy cooking mum used to do. I'm also thankful that my kids done mind my cooking hubby on the other hand is happy with dinners but would still rather packet snacks.

      Delete
  2. hello tammie,
    your baking and cooking looks fantastic. i love baking ,too.
    wish you all the best for this year!!!
    blissings,regina

    ReplyDelete