Thursday 20 June 2013

Haven't been here for a while its just been one of those weeks, feel like I have achieved nothing but I'm sure I did something.

Between being sick, miss almost 3 working out how to open the child gate on her room and master 18 months learning how to climb out of his cot its been exhausting, not keen on the 6.30am wake ups.

Best thing about being sick and winter is yummy hot fresh bread and homemade soup. Pumpkins soup and natural yoghurt one of my favourite soups.



So this week I got busy and made some laundry powder, now that I've got given a spare food processor I'll be able to make a big batch and no more grating soap by hand.

I got busy cooking and made more crumpets, have found another recipe to try out on the weekend thanks to my lovely cousin Tania.

Hubby took me out for dinner Monday night as we've been together 4 years, feels like we've know each other a lot longer than that though, lots more years yet to enjoy each others company though :)


Made some yummy homemade pasta for dinner Tuesday night, diced up some chicken and bacon, rehydrated some mushrooms I had dried a few weeks ago and added some garlic and evaporated milk to make a chicken and mushroom creamy pasta.


Today I made another batch of biscuits for the ferals and tried making some short bread, jelly slice and caramel slice, although I think my caramel slice was a bit of a fail.


This week I dug out some apples from the fridge since the kids haven't been eating them so I dehydrated about a kilo of apples, still have another kilo to go, also foodland had bananas out on special for $2 a kilo so grabbed a few and dehydrated half, a few more snacks for the kids, next time will be more apple and a couple trays of fruit roll as they are nearly at the end of the last lot I did.




5 comments:

  1. hello tammie,
    your baking and cooking looks good!!
    how do you make your pasta?
    i wish you a wonderful sunday,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Regina, :-)

    For pasta I use 100g plain flour to 1 egg per person, depending on the size of the egg sometimes i might add a little water to help combine the mixture. I let it rest for about 15-20 minutes before rolling it through the pasta maker.

    Hope you have a lovely day also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi tammie,
    thanks for the recipe!!
    have a nice day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks very delicious Tammie. You do really well making all that with little kiddies around. There are no excuses for me as I have no little ones anymore :)

    The simple life ain't all that easy is it lol!

    Hope your crumpets turned out okay :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My patience wears very thin at times lol kids always under foot but I enjoying cooking so try to work around them.

      Yes the simple life is sure full on at times but so worth it.

      I tried the crumpets and they were much nice and got more bubbles still not perfect but def a recipe to keep trying, thank you :)

      Delete